Domestic Intruder Alarm Preventative Maintenance Schedule
Your maintenance Inspection will include the following: –
- Check whether the customer has experienced any problems with the system
- Check the satisfactory operation of all detection devices including deliberately operated devices
- Check mains and stand-by power supplies including charging rates
- Check control unit for correct operation
- Check and test remote signalling equipment if applicable
- Check all audible warning and alarm devices for correct operation
- Check the alarm system is fully operational
- Check operation of keypads and LEDs
- Repair any minor faults
- Renew subscriptions for APP based systems
- Replacement of batteries (Charged separately)
- Provide answers to any questions or queries that the customer may have
Any equipment supplied by A Matter of Security Group LTD within a two-year period is covered by a manufacturers’ warranty.
*Battery Charges Terms
During the service, all batteries will undergo a full health check and covered for the duration of the 12 months from the date of the service. If the intruder alarm system has a battery fault within the 12 months then an engineer will be sent to site to replace the battery at the cost of the battery and exclude any call out charges.
Siren batteries are tested on the date of service and will be changed every 2 years in accordance with the manufacturer’s advice.
If a low battery siren fault occurs within the 12 months of maintenance a call out and the cost of the battery will be charged at our standard rates.
Cost of Batteries
- Panel Battery Replacement – 5-year Guarantee – £35.00 + VAT each
- Siren Battery – £25.00 + VAT each
- Wireless Peripheral Batteries £6.00 + VAT each
Maintenance, Service and Monitoring Terms
i) In return for payment of the maintenance charge, the Company will maintain the Installation in accordance with the installation standard and respond to your emergency calls for assistance. If your Equipment is installed to BS4737 (or its successor,) our response to emergency calls will be within four hours of your request, or before the Equipment needs to be set, unless mutually agreed otherwise.
ii) If we have to attend the Premises, or repair the Equipment between routine maintenance visits, we will make a charge at our usual rates unless the work is covered by Clause 4 (iii).
iii) The annual maintenance charge does not include charges for replacement parts or batteries, which will be charged in addition to the annual charge.
iv) Where the installation is monitored by an Alarm Receiving Centre for direct response by emergency services (eg police or fire brigade), it shall be a condition of such monitoring that an annual contract for Routine Maintenance exists between the Customer and the Company. Routine maintenance visits shall be undertaken by the Company.
Call outs will be charged at £65.00 + VAT during normal working hours. (Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm) and £85.00 + VAT all other times. Extra Hours on site charged £45.00 per hour.
Your system will then be guaranteed for 12 months from the date that the service is carried out.
Payment of Service Invoices
A Matter of Security pay require payment in advance of servicing to ensure that connection to alarm receiving centre and cloud based services remain connected. Invoices not paid on time may result in service contracts or connectivity being disconnected or teminated.
Our team will provide support from our 24-hour manned support number 01708 572 248