Biometric technology has been used for a long time as a way to keep people from getting into places without keys. For example, this technology can be used in many types of technologies, such as biometric attendance machines and face recognition access control systems. This is because this technology has a unique access key that can be an individual’s fingerprint or retina or sound.
The use of biometrics isn’t just for doors anymore. It can also be seen in our phones now. As biometrics are unique to each person and can’t be easily copied, it is one of the best ways to keep any place safe.
Biometrics is a fast and easy technology to use. It also makes it easy to keep track of visitors and can be used at any place where there is a need for this.
So, here are a few interesting facts about this new tech:
- Future method of payment: Biometrics are likely to be the next big thing in the world of money. A biometric face recognition system that can be used to pay for things anywhere is still in the testing phase. This can be seen in countries like China. This technology will make it so you don’t have to carry any kind of payment, like cash, a card, or your smartphone with you. Look at the software, enter the amount, and payments will be made. This is how it works:
- The number of people who use their phones to sign in has gone up quickly. In 2019, about 27% of smartphone users used biometrics to make sure they were who they said they were. It now has 41% of users. It is also expected to reach 66% by 2024.
- Biometric ID systems aren’t just based on fingerprints or face recognition. They aren’t just for people who have them. This means that these systems can use many types of biometric recognition, like vein recognition, voice recognition, finger geometry and DNA matching.
- Not as new as you might think: Biometrics isn’t as new as you might think. The first commercial hand geometry recognition system was on the market in 1974, but it was a long time ago. This system was used for three main things: controlling physical access, tracking time and attendance, and identifying people.
- There are a lot of people who don’t know that Toshiba was the first company to make a smartphone with a fingerprint scanner. There is a feature that Toshiba first put on the market in 2007. HTC came after that.
- This technology isn’t just for physical biometrics. It can also work by figuring out what people do, like how they type, how they move, or how they interact with other people.
There has been a big rise in the popularity of biometric access control systems among users. Because of how easy it is to use, this technology and others like biometric attendance machines have been used in almost every industry to keep people from getting into private rooms or getting their hands on private information. Even more: It is expected that it will be used in more and more places where it isn’t used right now.