How to Get Police Response from Your Monitored Alarm System
If someone breaks in while you’re not home, you want reassurance that the Police are on their way, ASAP.
So how do you get Police response on your alarm?
For the Police to be automatically contacted on your behalf, you need a monitored burglar alarm system.
The Police don’t monitor it – an Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC) does. The ARC has a direct line to the Police, who they call in the case of a break-in.
Certain criteria MUST be met before you can get this service. The Police require that you use an NSI or SSAIB approved company to:
- Monitor and
- Register your system – obtaining a (Unique Reference Number) URN from the Local Police
Without all of the above, and assigned keyholders, your system will not qualify for Police monitoring.
Want to talk to one of our experts about monitored alarm systems? Then simply call our team or fill out our online form.
The Police insist on NSI or SSAIB, so should you!
False alarms cause a nightmare and a nuisance to the homeowner and the neighbours,
The Metropolitan Police report that 92% of activations are false! To mitigate this risk, the Police will only attend if your alarm system is deemed reliable and installed by a professional.
Unfortunately, systems installed by:
- and non-approved security companies
… do not qualify!
Sounds harsh but, if the Police allowed anyone to install a police response system they would waste their time responding to faulty and false alarms instead helping those that really need their help.
What NOT to do…
You cannot cut corners by
- Researching the systems NSI Gold & SSAIB companies install
- Buying them online and attempting a DIY installation
As an SSAIB accredited company we undergo inspections to prove competency within our industry. We have to prove our ability in designing, installing and maintaining systems to British standards and legislation.
Maintenance is a necessity!
Your car needs servicing and your iPhone requires regular software updates to keep working.
Guess What? Your alarm needs professional maintenance too!
If your alarm isn’t serviced you are more likely to experience false alarms. More often than not a fault will occur when you least expect it in the middle of the night or just when you are about to leave your home for that weekend break leaving your property vulnerable to burglary.
Proper maintenance from an accredited company will help to solve this – which is why the Police stipulate it.
NSI or SSAIB monitoring is key
Even after these considerations, your alarm must be monitored by an NSI or SSAIB approved Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC). This means that the skilled staff at the designated alarm receiving centre can handle the alarm activation in the correct manner and have a direct line to your local police force.
You will also need to assign trusted keyholders, so that when the authorities have been contacted, the keyholder can also attend to let the Police in.
Too many false alarms? Be careful you don’t loose it!
Once monitored, if your alarm is wrongly activated three times within a 12 month rolling period then the Police can strike you off their priority list.
There are three priority ratings – 1, 2 & 3.
3 false alarms mean you are put to level 3 and are unlikely to receive Police response if you encounter a real problem.
Get your free quote from the professionals!
Whether you want to ask us a question about monitored alarm, or get a free quote sent over, we are here to help!
Dedication to Accreditation
Why you should choose A Matter of Security to design, install and maintain your Security system
- Long track record– our family-run firm has been installing security systems and have over 40 years industry experience.
- Dedication to Accreditation– As an SSAIB member you can be sure that your security system will be installed to the best standards in the UK.
- Vetted Staff– your engineer is always trustworthy, polite and fully qualified and are fully criminal record checked.
- Quality workmanship and service– We have a passion for protecting people and property and the standard of work and the way we deliver it to you has a proven track record with 5-star reviews.
- Bespoke systems– Every job is different and our designs will satisfy your requirements and your insurance requirements also.
- Highest quality systems and equipment– we only use the best quality, industry-approved equipment.
- Police and Insurance recognition– Our work is guaranteed to be of the highest standard, both Police and Insurance companies acknowledge this.
- Regular and reliable monitoring and maintenance– Our dedicated service team will ensure that your alarm system is always working correctly like the day it was installed and peace of mind that someone is always watching over your home or business!